Need to push the clutch all the way to the floor?

FL5golfer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
It's really easy to drive this car. Don't get discouraged. It's all basically muscle memory.
Another tip: Add gas as soon as you start releasing the clutch.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
And pressing the clutch all the way down every time makes me feel tired. Remember driving manual car 30 years ago was fun, but now getting old, sometime hesitate to drive this car, especially during rush hour.
I understand where you’re coming from. Driving manual in rush hour stop/go traffic is never fun and can get tiring (even for younger drivers). As others have said, there are times when automatics are better. This is where a 2nd vehicle (with automatic) comes in very handy. Keep your FL5 for when you want to drive. But have an automatic handy for when you need comfort and convenience.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
For me the issue isn't the clutch pedal action but holding the same position for the throttle bothers my right foot. Maybe some heal-toe action would help me.

OP
OP

xpeng

Threads
Reaction score
I realized another reason why I don’t like to press the clutch all the way down. i don’t need to lift my heel and move, heel just stay at one point and move my foot palm, so I can feel and find the friction point much easier.

jets-do-miami

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None - shopping for fl5
And pressing the clutch all the way down every time makes me feel tired. Remember driving manual car 30 years ago was fun, but now getting old, sometime hesitate to drive this car, especially during rush hour.
when the fl5s first came out, someone on yt posted a review, and part of that was a clutch stopper that mounts under the clutch pedal and shaves a fraction of an inch of travel. Anyone know that product and is it "safe" for clutch operation?

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
when the fl5s first came out, someone on yt posted a review, and part of that was a clutch stopper that mounts under the clutch pedal and shaves a fraction of an inch of travel. Anyone know that product and is it "safe" for clutch operation?
That sounds like a terrible idea. What if your clutch was out of adjustment and you needed that last bit of travel to fully disengage it? You're handicapping your ability to use the full travel of the clutch. You're not improving or changing the actual clutch in the drivetrain and how it works, you're just making it impossible to use the last bit of travel when you need it.

It would be like putting a stopper under the gas pedal and declaring that it's easier to go full throttle now.

OP
OP

xpeng

Threads
Reaction score
I think my trans (200 miles now) is not that clear when changing gears, have to push/pull a little hard to ensure it's engaged. Happened at lease 2 times, on reverse and 2nd. I did pull the stick, but it's not fully engaged.
I remember someone said after break in it will be better.
Sponsored