Maintenance schedule

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
MM is based on an algorithm that tracks usage, time and mileage.

I thought about that. But if the battery is replaced, will the time on the car be gone? If they use other battery for the time, that battery will be died sometime anyway. How can they tell I need to change coolant after 10 years, for example. Any battery can last that long?
You have an extremely rare case.
Just find an old maintenance interval table. Someone said the FK8 had one and follow it.
Problem solved.
Sponsored

OP
OP

xpeng

Threads
Reaction score
MM is based on an algorithm that tracks usage, time and mileage.

You have an extremely rare case.
Just find an old maintenance interval table. Someone said the FK8 had one and follow it.
Problem solved.
I did, and I already posted above. I'm just wondering how the maintenance reminder works.

AZCWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Honda's don't use hydraulic lifters, so they recommend a tappet clearance check. With the exception of a couple Honda Fits we owned, this has been a clearance check with minimal adjustments. In my experience Honda's B, F, J, K engines never out of spec more than .001" after 100K+ miles of normal driving.
I've known Honda owners with over 200k miles who never adjusted valve clearances. Their engines tick more, but run okay.
Honda Fit's were way off after 100k miles, exhaust clearances halved and intakes 150% of spec. My son neglected his valve clearances and the engine started to run rough before 200k miles.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
I didn't find the maintenance schedule in the manual, or I missed it in the book?
I want to know how often to change oil, coolant..., what to do at 1 year, 2 year...

I drive very few, 800 miles on my current car the past whole year.
The maintenance minder will let you know. Driving style regulates oil change intervals.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I believe it tells you somewhere to change the oil at least once a year even if the MM doesn’t get down to 15%.
Sponsored