Anyone got a roadmap to 325hp? 2024 Civic Si

Nikado7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jetta S
My friend has a challenger scat pack and doing some math on HP/lb I would only need 333hp/326tq to match him since those are so heavy. So out of curiosity, what would get me there? I know I would need a clutch, but then what? Ideally would rather stick to 93 rather than an ethanol concoction.
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Why not start with a Type R if your goal is 300+ horsepower? Might be a little more than what it would cost you to add 125HP to the Si but it will come with a factory warranty and will not have the depreciation you'll see if you go adding that many aftermarket parts to the Si.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
OP
OP

Nikado7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jetta S

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R | 2017 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
Just look at the 10th Gen cars. Walk in the footsteps of those who came by. But also TSP answered.

Why not start with a Type R if your goal is 300+ horsepower? Might be a little more than what it would cost you to add 125HP to the Si but it will come with a factory warranty and will not have the depreciation you'll see if you go adding that many aftermarket parts to the Si.
Can think of like 20,000 reasons.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Interesting. So is it easier/cheaper to do it with ethanol?
Easier yes. You’ll need a turbo upgrade regardless.

OP
OP

Nikado7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jetta S
So basically clutch, turbo, tune, ethanol.

My point was merely hypothetical. I am not so much interested in beating him I was just wondering what it would take to do so. Sure I could go buy an R, a hellcat, a ferrari, I was just curious what the options were with the si. Plus I'm not a fan of the hatchback anyways.

Was just curious how hard/easy it would actually be.

OP
OP

Nikado7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jetta S
I see. My last question is I read about ktuner fixing Honda's tuning for anti knock etc, but does the engine in stock form know when it has 93 in it and tune accordingly or does it always screw you over? So then the ktuner adjusts for 93 and then you just have to stick to it or risk knocking?

I also keep seeing a lot of ethanol talk but can we even run over 10% on a stock car? Like if I got 91 then put a gallon of e85 in it, would it work or would I have to get the ethanol flex fuel sensor thing?

Again, all hypothetical, just trying to understand this cars inner workings more.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Just look at the 10th Gen cars. Walk in the footsteps of those who came by. But also TSP answered.

Can think of like 20,000 reasons.
Between modification costs and depreciation, you will lose more than that.

CTRs are easier to find at MSRP today anyway. So is less than that.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R | 2017 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
Between modification costs and depreciation, you will lose more than that.

CTRs are easier to find at MSRP today anyway. So is less than that.
I just sold a modified Civic Si and bought a Civic Type R. My experience, at least, would severely challenge both ends of that proposition (and the first even more than the second). You can also return a bolt on car to stock relatively easily, just retain the OE parts. Regardless, if he already has a Civic Si then saying "should of bought a Type R" is not very helpful. I would agree that, at least in my opinion, chasing 300+ HP on the L15 is not the direction I would go. You will be disappointed and cause yourself headaches trying to turn that platform into a straight line car. Treat it like the very adept handling platform that it is, focus on handling mods (RSB and wheels/tires first and foremost) and take it to a canyon road or (better still) an autocross course. You will do much better outrunning Hellcats if you can introduce multiple decreasing radius turns into the equation. I took down many a "faster" car on an autocross in the L15 and I'm not even good.

AZCWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Basis for Si motor is a stroked 1.1L Honda Fit engine, which sets bore spacing (bearing widths) and head gasket webs. Stroking to 1.5L results in long, spindly con-rods.
Si motor is fine in low 200's HP. Above that will impact durability, which is okay if you've got plenty of $.
Sponsored