Anyone fully debadge the rear?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I think this is the only thread i found related to badges, and couldn't find anything online specific to FL5 badges

so I got my R ppf'd in the process, the shop recommended i debadge to get a clean seamless install

once done i got an oem typeR badge and bright it with me when picking up the car and little did i know i thought they had a due diligence process to put the new badge exactly how factory does it

but it looks like they just eye balled it and slapped it on

now i ordered another one 75723-T60-A01

https://jdmyamato.com/products/nhp003268

, so when it comes i wanna do it properly, is there a template i can get anywhere to make sure it is aligned exactly where it needs to go

i didn't find such template, unless the badge itself comes with the template but when i picked up the oem one previously from dealership it didn't come with a separate template

so i am thinking maybe the badge itself has the template built in based on what i saw on AHC garage where they were installing a 97 Integra type r badge and the badge backing is the template but you just have to know where to align it against before peeling it off ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Iā€™m sure Honda has a template they use during assembly at the factory. Maybe ask Honda for info? Surely they have a drawing or specificationā€¦but, then againā€¦this may not be info they would openly share.

I think you will have to rely on getting some measurements from 2-3 places on someone elseā€™s carā€¦but even then it will be a bit tricky to position the badge just right.

Your PPF place shouldā€™ve taken better care of this, especially since the badge isnā€™t aligned with any edges or other trim pieces for reference. Kinda stupid on their part, especially since they recommended debadging.

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Iā€™m sure Honda has a template they use during assembly at the factory. Maybe ask Honda for info? Surely they have a drawing or specificationā€¦but, then againā€¦this may not be info they would openly share. It

I think you will have to rely on getting some measurements from 2-3 places on someone elseā€™s carā€¦but even then it will be a bit tricky to position the badge just right.

Your PPF place shouldā€™ve taken better care of this, especially since the badge isnā€™t aligned with any edges or other trim pieces for reference. Kinda stupid on their part, especially since they recommended debadging.
This is right on. Doubtful Honda will share this information. Your best bet is to collect measurements from another Type R and do it yourself. Sloppy and lazy on the part of the shop. I bet they came highly recommeded with great reviews too.

Bullitt44

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR, Porsche 911 GT3 and GT4RS
Lost the civic badge, Type R stayed.

Looks good both ways.

ram3noodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Anyone fully debadge the rear? IMG_0099

don't know how it happened but can someone help me confirm the part number? my quick search got me 75700-T60-A01. any suggestion for a good place to order would be great also.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have a DE5. I stripped my side badges and considered stripping the rear (and still might). I'd keep the rear badge if it said Type-R. It's just one of those nameplates that carries weight, even if it's materially irrelevant.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I totally de-badged my 2.0T Accord and very much liked the clean look. I'm on the fence with my CTR. I'd be more inclined to lose the Civic and keep Type R badging.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Iā€™m sure Honda has a template they use during assembly at the factory. Maybe ask Honda for info? Surely they have a drawing or specificationā€¦but, then againā€¦this may not be info they would openly share.

This is right on. Doubtful Honda will share this information. Your best bet is to collect measurements from another Type R and do it yourself. Sloppy and lazy on the part of the shop. I bet they came highly recommeded with great reviews too.

Thanks guys I will go to the dealer at some point and see if they have a procedure/template in place otherwise will do as you said make my own template ...

I know the I should have been picky with the shop and asked him to wait before removing it to take a template from it... I put too much trust in them thinking they do this all the time and they worked on Ferraris and Aventadors

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
IMG_0099.jpg

don't know how it happened but can someone help me confirm the part number? my quick search got me 75700-T60-A01. any suggestion for a good place to order would be great also.
I think that's right based on a few sites

https://jdmyamato.com/products/nhp003272?_pos=1&_sid=db2cfbb54&_ss=r&variant=43305185083640

https://www.hondafactoryparts.com/oem-parts/honda-emblem-front-75700t60a01

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/25604231213...cb&cnvId=700003&recoId=256042312132&recoPos=2

you can always call your local dealership to confirm as well

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks guys I will go to the dealer at some point and see if they have a procedure/template in place otherwise will do as you said make my own template ...

I know the I should have been picky with the shop and asked him to wait before removing it to take a template from it... I put too much trust in them thinking they do this all the time and they worked on Ferraris and Aventadors
Thatā€™s a good idea! I would think the dealershipā€™s collision center would have access to badge templates. Hellā€¦just have them put the badge on for you!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
This is the reason I've asked body shops in the past to not apply any badges and to just give them to me. They're never going to be as exacting and meticulous as we are.

Get a string and take various measurements on another CTR, from different reference points on the hatch to the badge. Depending on how many measurements you take, you should be able to get darn close, if not indistinguishable from factory install. Probably done by robots at the factory, most likely not going to have publicly available specs.

Last edited:

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I am told by a tech that the body shop at dealerships should have a electronic template that they should be able to print and use when installing the badge....i will report back once i confirm and if i can get my hands on one will definately share for others in the future... hopefully no one has to but just in case you never know

Last edited:

hoping2Get1

Threads
Reaction score
I'm considering removing the Civic emblem, and replacing the Type R emblem with the sticker that was used on the DC2 Integra/another Type R, just haven't looked around much and see if sizes vary or not. I just personally don't like badges.

xpeng

Threads
Reaction score
hondafactoryparts.com is "affiliated with one of the earliest Honda dealers in the country and are in our 5th decade selling Genuine Honda OEM Parts.".
Does Honda has its own parts website like Toyota?
Just tried to order Trunk Tray ( 08U45-T60-100 ), the price is $95 (not bad), but charge $248.19 for shipping. This site is insane.
Sponsored

Last edited: