Question about the red accent lighting under the dash.

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Can anyone confirm how many red lights are underneath the dash in our usdm cars?

all I can see is 2 total. One on the far left of the driver side and one on the far right of the passenger side.

I noticed the passenger side wasn’t lighting up the footwell and I got to looking at it and it’s barely lighting up the bulb but it’s not powerful enough to project the red accent lighting anymore.

my Driver side works but even it seems a bit dimmer than it once was.

any help would be appreciated. The vehicle was bought in Dec 2022 so it’s about a year and 7 months old now.

also would this be a warranty item or is interior/exterior lighting not covered?

thanks
-Ryan
Sponsored

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Is it locked into the panel properly. Both sides twist lock into the panels. Left kick panel/Right upper panel covering airbag.

OP
OP
Fl5#727

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Is it locked into the panel properly. Both sides twist lock into the panels. Left kick panel/Right upper panel covering airbag.
They appear to be still locked in properly. It’s so hard to see under there, there’s not much room to work.

I will have to double check and make sure.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
They're controlled by the same dimmer that adjusts the brightness of your gauge cluster--I'd adjust that before going much further.

OP
OP
Fl5#727

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
They're controlled by the same dimmer that adjusts the brightness of your gauge cluster--I'd adjust that before going much further.
yes I tried that first.

Like I mentioned the driver side is working but the right side isn’t bright enough to light up the area. But when I get under there and look I can see the bulb lighting up red but I guess not enough to illuminate anything.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
yes I tried that first.

Like I mentioned the driver side is working but the right side isn’t bright enough to light up the area. But when I get under there and look I can see the bulb lighting up red but I guess not enough to illuminate anything.
The light is a whole module unit, it’s possible that it’s not seated properly or it’s faulty. It’s covered under warranty, the dealership can swap it out, but they’ll likely require two trips—one for “diagnostics” and another once they have the part on hand.

OP
OP
Fl5#727

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
The light is a whole module unit, it’s possible that it’s not seated properly or it’s faulty. It’s covered under warranty, the dealership can swap it out, but they’ll likely require two trips—one for “diagnostics” and another once they have the part on hand.

as rough as our roads and this suspension is (to me Atleast) that Wouldn’t surprise me if it has gotten unseated.

but good to know, I’ll take it up there when I get my last free oil change coming up fast.
Sponsored