Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Damn it. I wanna get up on this for the 20% discount but having a hard time deciding full CAT vs CATless vs just Front Pipe.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Damn it. I wanna get up on this for the 20% discount but having a hard time deciding full CAT vs CATless vs just Front Pipe.
Catless and Ktuner for the gains. Easy for me to say though, I don't have to deal with CA emissions. Actually, I do not have to deal with any emissions. :D

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
So how many people are on the fence? 45Lexroc would be #17 and we only need 3 more to get 20% off

I'm also on the fence. I'm already have a custom tune from vit on order. not sure the front/downpipe will be needed for the power gains i'd like to see. Vit seems like he's able to do a lot with just the stock car.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
I'm also on the fence. I'm already have a custom tune from vit on order. not sure the front/downpipe will be needed for the power gains i'd like to see. Vit seems like he's able to do a lot with just the stock car.
Vit has also done a lot more with our combo! ;)

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vit has also done a lot more with our combo! ;)
Just not sure if i'd really need the extra from the combo you guys have. From what i've seen Vit looks like he's pushing the limits of the clutch with just a tune on higher rated fuel. Then there are the emissions things to still have to worry about. I live in an area that still occasionally has to go through DEQ. A catted downpipe wont be as effective as it could be, and it's more expensive than catless. The last thing i'm on the fence about would be whether to order the front pipe with a stock flange for the exhaust or aftermarket. As of right now there aren't any viable options for bolt on exhausts on a HB Sport. I'd have to have one custom made and due to this being a car i need daily. i can't have it in a shop for 3-4 days while they are developing one.

So, i remain on the fence. When does the pre-order sale end?

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
Could @VitViper or someone else drop some knowledge on us about:

What does the CEL disabling from ktuner do? Is it potentially bad that it may wholly disable the system, and keep from indications of actual problems? If I go through inspection and all they do is OBDII check with ktuner disabling the CELs, should I pass?

Is there much benefit/gain to be had from just the front pipe upgrade if the stock catted downpipe is left in place?

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Just not sure if i'd really need the extra from the combo you guys have. From what i've seen Vit looks like he's pushing the limits of the clutch with just a tune on higher rated fuel. Then there are the emissions things to still have to worry about. I live in an area that still occasionally has to go through DEQ. A catted downpipe wont be as effective as it could be, and it's more expensive than catless. The last thing i'm on the fence about would be whether to order the front pipe with a stock flange for the exhaust or aftermarket. As of right now there aren't any viable options for bolt on exhausts on a HB Sport. I'd have to have one custom made and due to this being a car i need daily. i can't have it in a shop for 3-4 days while they are developing one.

Pre-sale ends this Friday!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R

The pre-order sale ends Friday. Vit is also pushing the limits to find out where they are and what all can be done. This "higher rated fuel" isn't fueling that the average customer will ever continuously use either, the average customer can and will see reliabile gains on pump gas. Also, less restrictive exhaust components results in a more efficient engine setup, meaning more power can be made at less of an effort. The engine and turbo don't have to work as hard, meaning increased longevity on their parts. There is no different flange option, so our combo can be mated to both stock and aftermarket exhausts without a problem.

Could @VitViper or someone else drop some knowledge on us about:

What does the CEL disabling from ktuner do? Is it potentially bad that it may wholly disable the system, and keep from indications of actual problems? If I go through inspection and all they do is OBDII check with ktuner disabling the CELs, should I pass?

Is there much benefit/gain to be had from just the front pipe upgrade if the stock catted downpipe is left in place?
There isn't a reason this would be potentially bad, flash tuners and other engine management systems have been doing this for years without an issue. OBDII requires the car to be plugged into a computer to check codes. If the codes are disabled all systems should be go. Though, everything is advertised for "offroad use only."

There will be gains from the front pipe with the stock downpipe, but not nearly as significant. We will do our best to provide data once we take off our downpipe. Our main focus was to provide an effective combo, which is what we advise to customers purchase when looking to make significant power.

Last edited:

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@PRL Motorsports Check your orders and add me to the pre-order list please. :)

Also, someone finally make a freaking cat back exhaust for the sport HB.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
The pre-order sale ends Friday. Vit is also pushing the limits to find out where they are and what all can be done. This "higher rated fuel" isn't fueling that the average customer will ever continuously use either, the average customer can and will see reliabile gains on pump gas. Also, less restrictive exhaust components results in a more efficient engine setup, meaning more power can be made at less of an effort. The engine and turbo don't have to work as hard, meaning increased longevity on their parts. There is no different flange option, so our combo can be mated to both stock and aftermarket exhausts without a problem.

There isn't a reason this would be potentially bad, flash tuners and other engine management systems have been doing this for years without an issue. OBDII requires the car to be plugged into a computer to check codes. If the codes are disabled (which they would be), all systems are go.

There will be gains from the front pipe with the stock downpipe, but not nearly as significant. We will do our best to provide data once we take off our downpipe. Our main focus was to provide an effective combo, which is what we advise to customers purchase when looking to make significant power.
If the o2 is disabled then the readiness will never be READY on a obd2 check at a inspection place. So it would fail. If its just a visual inspection then it would pass with no problem
Sponsored