Engine Bay Grommet Locations

Websitesdown

Threads
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm inquiring if anyone knows if there are any extra engine bay access grommet locations on the FL5? I'm going to install my sub today and was googling around and don't see where anyone has talked about this yet. I know that some cars have extra ones installed for the customer to run extra cabling if need be. Obviously, I'm not going to make any new holes myself. I will tap through the main harness location, if need be, I suppose.

Thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I just cut a small hole in the main grommet in engine bay front of driver. I fit a 4 gauge power wire. Grounded in back where there's a ground already under rear latch panel.

OP
OP
Websitesdown

Websitesdown

Threads
Reaction score
I just cut a small hole in the main grommet in engine bay front of driver. I fit a 4 gauge power wire. Grounded in back where there's a ground already under rear latch panel.
Argh, that's what I was thinking I would have to do. I appreciate your response. What did you use to cut the hole, a razor blade? I mean, I know that I need to keep it tight around the cable mind you, so it doesn't leak.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Small knife just push the wiring harness to the side. If the grommet comes off, just push from inside and pull the tabs on it from engine bay. Not really hard, I stuck the tool to run wires and taped it, pulled through.
Sponsored